Saturday, February 26, 2011

Winter's Blanket

                                        Winter's Blanket,  oil  12x12
If you think I am obsessed with winter, it is because we have so much of it here in northern Minnesota. I enjoy painting these intimate bits of nature and see the beauty of  the living things that struggle to survive the climate..... in spite of all the odds.. they do and come Spring they will be filled with beautiful greens. I have always had a difficult time understanding how snow insulates and protects the plants and grasses when I am freezing in sub-zero weather and shoveling all this white stuff.
It seems God has creation covered in a blanket for a reason.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful work Jean! I love the way you chose to compose this one as a close up. I really enjoyed visiting your blog, I'll be back!!

    ReplyDelete