Friday, February 25, 2011

Mt. Carmel Hydrangias


You will hear me mention Mt. Carmel in my writings frequently. Mt. Carmel is a Christian Retreat Center located on Lake Carlos near Alexandria , MN. During the summer months I am there about seven different weeks. Each week I teach two afternoons of pastels and two days of oils to the quests. It is a great opportunity for people 12-90+ to try their hand at creating a painting. It is rewarding and fun for me to get people excited about painting.
The grounds are lovely, these hydrangias surround the lodge and are always heavily laden with white blossoms, they remind me of snow in summer. I paint daily each morning on the grounds and the resulting plein air pieces  are offered for sale to the quests in a silent auction and 50% of proceeds go toward their scholarship fund.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful color combinations in this painting. You've captured the delicacy of hydrangeas.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete