Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Little Jewels (miniatures)


Little Jewels (miniatures)  2.5x3.5 in. 
Years  ago I did many oil miniatures and loved it, they do make original art affordable and collectible to people who either do not have space or finances for larger pieces. This is my first time to attempt this with pastels. I was inspired to try this by reading Karen Margulis, kemstudios. blogspot.com and the fact that I was recovering from surgery and needed smaller pieces to work on. The top landscape is Sunset in Lake Country and the bottom piece is More Little Green Apples. I used Artist Trading Cards in illustration board that I gave a coat of clear pastel base by Art Spectrum and an assortment of pastels.

1 comment:

  1. These are wonderful, Jean. I like the miniatures very much. All that beauty contained in a small space makes them unique!

    ReplyDelete