Thursday, November 15, 2012

Chick, chick,

Chick, chick, 5x7 pastel on hand- made paper
Emilie, gets chicks each spring and I have painted her older chickens several times but these are new ones just fresh from the hatchery, what fun, I remember getting hundreds of these at once time and having to dip each beak in water and food before placing them  under the heat lamp to stay warm and secure. As they become teenagers they become kind of ugly with funny feathers sticking out all over and this happens within several weeks; so this is the cute stage for sure.
This is done on a hand made paper that I have left exposed that I won as a first place winner in a show awhile back. The package of paper had five sheets and was wrapped in gold metallic tissue; too precious to use and got brave and did this on the first sheet I have used.( this was at least 15 years ago). I am at a stage in my life where I think I need to enjoy these  papers and not just leave them tucked away.

No comments:

Post a Comment